Meet Your Dentist, Dr. Adatrow, & His Team
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Pradeep AdatrowDr. Pradeep Adatrow is the only practicing board certified periodontist and prosthodontist in the southern United States. He went to college at the University of Alabama, earned his DDS from the University of Tennessee, and completed a three-year postgraduate program in periodontics and implantology at Indiana University. Eager to perfect his skill set, Dr. Adatrow went on to complete another three-year postgraduate program in advanced prosthodontics from the University of Tennessee. He is currently board certified by the American Board of Periodontology and was also inducted as a Fellow of the prestigious International College of Dentistry – a feat that only 10,000 others worldwide can claim. Dr. Adatrow has been able to share his passion for dentistry through teaching for over 13 years. He served as a faculty member at Indiana University for three years before moving to the University of Tennessee, where he has been a professor since 2006 and is currently serving as the Director of Surgical Prosthodontics. He is also actively involved in Dental Implant and Surgical Dentistry training for post-graduate students in several programs. Dr. Adatrow has published several articles in professional peer-reviewed journals and works on the editorial board of various scientific journals. He is also an invited speaker to many national and international meetings, and conducts several Continuing Education courses for practicing dentists. Dr. Adatrow has been the recipient of prestigious awards, such as the Deans Junior Faculty Award and the John Diggs Faculty Award, and he was inducted into the Deans Odontological Society. His exceptional education and training coupled with the endless opportunities he’s had to teach and share his passion with his students and surrounding community enables him to provide the most comprehensive dental care of remarkable quality to his patients. While not devotedly serving his patients, Dr. Adatrow enjoys spending time with his wife, Jaya, and their two beautiful children, who together participate as active members of various local community and religious organizations. He also volunteers through the Church Health Center and Tennessee Smiles, while remaining very active in mission camps serving various parts of India. On rare off-days, Dr. Adatrow may be found traveling, biking, or playing tennis or soccer.
- Antimicrobial Activity of Minocycline-Loaded Genipin-Crosslinked Nano-Fibrous Chitosan Mats for Guided Tissue Regeneration. Peter A. Norowski, Jegdish Babu, Pradeep C. Adatrow, Franklin Garcia-Godoy, Warren O. Haggard, Joel D. Bumgardner JBNB Vol.3 No.4A, October 2012
- Iatrogenic Peri-Implantitis: Treatment and One to Two Year Follow up. Adatrow P, Hilal G, Cagna D, Bland P. Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry, Feb 2010; 2; 41-48.
- Evaluation of biocompatibility and degradation of chitosan nanofiber membrane crosslinked with genipin. Bavariya AJ, Andrew Norowski P Jr, Mark Anderson K, Adatrow PC, Garcia-Godoy F, Stein SH, Bumgardner JD. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2014 Jul;102(5):1084-92. doi: 10.1002/jbm.b.33090. Epub 2013 Dec 9.
- Novel naturally crosslinked electrospun nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided bone regeneration membranes: material characterization and cytocompatibility. Norowski PA Jr, Fujiwara T, Clem WC, Adatrow PC, Eckstein EC, Haggard WO, Bumgardner JD. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 May;9(5):577-83. doi: 10.1002/term.1648. Epub 2012 Nov 20.
- Short-term objective and subjective evaluation of small-diameter implants used to support and retain mandibular prosthesis. Brandt R, Hollis S, Ahuja S, Adatrow P, Balanoff W. J Tenn Dent Assoc. 2012 Spring;92(1):34-8; quiz 38-9.
- Suture pullout strength and in vitro fibroblast and RAW 264.7 monocyte biocompatibility of genipin crosslinked nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided tissue regeneration. Norowski PA, Mishra S, Adatrow PC, Haggard WO, Bumgardner JD. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012 Nov;100(11):2890-6. doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.34224.
- Emerging antibacterial biomaterial strategies for the prevention of peri-implant inflammatory diseases. Bumgardner JD, Adatrow P, Haggard WO, Norowski PA. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011 May-Jun;26(3):553-60. Review.
Dr. James KimmelmanDr. James Kimmelman attended dental school at West Virginia University and completed his periodontal residency at the University of Iowa. He then participated in post-graduate training in anatomy at the University of Toledo/Medical College of Ohio. In addition to his education, Dr. Kimmelman is a retired Colonel in the United States Army Reserves. He spent 21 years with the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office where he rose to the rank of Inspector and was appointed to Commander of the Reserve Detective Division. Dr. Kimmelman has had an extensive career in education and in private practice. He has served on the faculty at the University of Michigan, as the Assistant Chairman of Periodontics at the University of Tennessee, and as the Chairman of the Department of Periodontics at the University of Colorado. Dr. Kimmelman then entered full-time private practice in Memphis and became a volunteer faculty member in the University of Tennessee Department of Oral Pathology for several years. He currently serves as the Director of the Undergraduate Dental Periodontal Clinic. Dr. Kimmelman has published in peer-reviewed journals, contributed to a book chapter, and has with invitation lectured to many dental organizations. He holds active specialty licenses in Mississippi and Tennessee. CONTACT US
Meet Our Team
Karen Jones, Office Manager
As our office manager/financial coordinator, Karen works with patients from the moment they call to make an appointment to the day they leave our office with their new beautiful, healthy smile. She wants to ensure that each patient has the best experience at our office, and she likes how life-changing dentistry can be. Karen has been married to her husband, Chuck, for over 29 years. They have two wonderful sons, Trey and Chase, two amazing daughters-in-law, Jessi and Kaitlyn, and one fantastic little man (grandson), Jackson.